This article provides technical details about using a template to create a team.
The intended audience is any admin with access to ShareGate Management. The article for end users can be found here: Create a team with a template in ShareGate's end-user app.
- Sign in to Microsoft Teams.
- Click in the sidebar.
- The Create a team from a template view shows all available templates.
- Click View details for more info on each template.
- Enter a team name.
- Provide a description of the team (optional).
- Use the search field to choose team owners.
Note: When you create a team, you become one of its owners. Add more coworkers to fulfill the owner minimum set by your IT admin.
Once done, you'll be taken back to ShareGate's end-user app. A message will appear to let you know your team was created successfully.
- Team names are limited to 50 characters. There are some unsupported characters (for example, / and *).
- You can't proceed to step (8) unless you have assigned the minimum number of owners required by your IT admin for your chosen template.
- There are no drafts. Your progress does not get saved if you click Exit.