Ready to get going with your migration project? Want to tame your Teams today? Start using ShareGate by following the steps below.
Tip: Hey! If you’re not a ShareGate customer yet, check out our pricing page. What are you waiting for?
- Step 1 - Create your ShareGate Home account
- Step 2 - Explore our features
Step 1 - Create your ShareGate Home account
ShareGate Home is your space to access the migration tool and Teams management module; ShareGate resources and extra help; and manage your subscription, access account details, and license activations.
To create your ShareGate Home account:
- Head to login.sharegate.com and click:
- Try ShareGate for free at the bottom of the page for a full-featured 15-day trial version of your ShareGate subscription.
- Or, if you already have an active license key, click to get things started.
- Enter your information.
- Follow the steps in the verification email.
- Once you've entered your information and verified your account, you'll be taken to ShareGate Home.
- A business email address is required for ShareGate Home account creation.
- Some domains cannot be used to create a ShareGate Home account. For example, personal email domains such as Hotmail or Gmail, or disposable email services like trashmail.org.
- You cannot change your email address or delete your ShareGate account through ShareGate Home. If your business needs change, get in touch with our support team---we'll work through this together.
Step 2 - Explore our features
Access the Teams management module
For the first connection only, a global administrator needs to consent ShareGate on your tenant. For more information, see Why does a global admin need to give one-time consent to access the Teams management module?
- In ShareGate Home, click
- Use your Microsoft credentials to sign in.
When you sign in for the first time, ShareGate will crawl your tenant to capture the required information. For your next steps with the Teams management module, read through the article Set up ShareGate to manage Teams.
Install the migration tool
- In ShareGate Home, select Migration from the sidebar.
- Launch the Sharegate.exe file on your machine.
For more information and a detailed how-to, see Installation - ShareGate's migration tool.