If ShareGate detects that all owners of a team or group cannot be contacted, the following collaboration status appears in red to alert you:
No owner(s) could be contacted. Consider taking action.
This usually occurs when you use the Ask owner(s) feature to send a notification but there are no owners available to notify.
This collaboration status may appear when:
- The team or group is orphaned.
- The owner(s) are all on the Do not disturb list.
- The notification failed to send.
- No owner(s) have taken action within 14 days.
The action you take to resolve this issue depends on the cause. You can find a summary of the solutions we suggest for each situation here:
Orphaned team or group
Team and group owners are needed so you can collaborate on your ShareGate governance policies.
It's best practice to have at least 2 owners for each team and group, with at least 1 available to receive notifications and take action on your policies.
You can add owners:
- From the team and group details window - Click Add next to the Owners list.
- As a bulk action from the Manage page - Check the box beside the team or group name. From the bulk action menu in the footer, click Add owner.
Now you can use the Ask owner(s) feature to collaborate with this new team or group owner.
Owners are on Do not disturb list
If there are no owners who can be contacted, you can remove an existing owner from the Do not disturb list or you can add another owner.
You can remove an owner from the Do not disturb list:
- From the team and group details window - Hover over the owner you want to edit and click the Three dots button . Select Remove from Do not Disturb list.
- From the Settings - Select Communications. Scroll to the Do not disturb list. Next to the user, click Remove.
The information for adding owners can be found in the section Orphaned team or group above.
Once an owner is available, you can use the Ask owner(s) feature to collaborate.
A failed notification may be due to a server error, too many requests, etc. Wait 30 minutes, then try sending your Ask owner(s) notification a second time.
Still not working? Get in touch with our support team---we'll work through this together.
No owner action
Owners have 14 days total to respond to an Ask owner(s) notification. If no action is taken within14 days, you can decide to manually complete the task yourself or ask the owner(s) again.