Governance alerts give you visibility on events happening to teams in your tenant through the ShareGate Teams chatbot.
Receive an alert when teams become inactive, when teams become orphaned, when a new team is created, and when a user deletes a team.
- How-to set up governance alerts
- Expected behaviors
- Edit alert preferences
- Take action on governance alerts
The ShareGate Teams chatbot needs to be enabled on your tenant to use governance alerts.
How-to set up governance alerts
- Select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Navigate to Governance chatbot alerts.
- Toggle on the alerts you want to receive.
- Use the drop-down to select a recurrence for each alert type.
- Choose from: Daily, Every week, or Every 2 weeks.
Set a specific email address to receive admin notifications from Settings > Notifications:
- Navigate to Recipient account.
- Type a valid name or email address in the Email or contact name field.
- Once found, select the account.
The account that currently receives admin notifications is shown under Current account.
- The default recipient is the account used when consenting during first sign-up.
- The recipient you set will receive all admin notifications (i.e., the monthly digest, the governance alerts, and the external sharing review status emails).
- By default, all alerts are toggled On and set to 1 alert every week.
- Each alert is triggered and sent as a separate alert.
- For example, if you want to receive all alerts daily, you would receive 4 alerts per day.
- Each alert can be managed separately (i.e., toggled on/off and frequencies set).
- For example, you can receive an update on orphaned teams every day, a summary of deleted teams every 2 weeks, and no alert for newly created teams.
- If you have turned on an alert but there is no data to give, you will not receive an alert for that period.
- For example: If you are receiving alerts for orphaned teams and there are 0 in your tenant, you will not receive an alert.
- You can expect to receive an alert around the same time that the alert was toggled on or that the alert was last modified. This does depend on the number of alerts ShareGate has to send and has the potential to vary.
- Orphaned teams alert and Inactive teams alert - These alerts show a snapshot of your environment at the time the alert is sent.
Deleted teams alert and Newly created teams alert - Each alert includes all the deleted teams or all the newly created teams for the elapsed time period.
- For example, if you receive 1 alert every week, the number of deleted teams in the alert is the total number of teams deleted over the last week (i.e., since the last alert).
- If there is an unforeseen error and a deleted teams or newly created teams alert is not successfully sent, your next alert will contain a summary of all the actions performed since the last successful alert.
Edit alert preferences
You can edit the governance alerts that you receive and the frequency that you receive them at any time.
From Settings, toggle off the alert type to stop receiving that notification.
To change the notification frequency, use the appropriate drop-down under Governance chatbot alerts.
See How-to set up governance alerts above for a step-by-step guide.
When you receive a governance alert in Teams, select Configure chatbot alerts. This will take you to Settings in Management, where you can make changes.
Note: Turn off future alerts at any time by selecting Don't notify me about this in the alert. You can turn the alert back on from the ShareGate Management Settings.
Take action on governance alerts
Each governance alert gives you a call-to-action for that event. Click the call-to-action button to open ShareGate Management to take action.