Purpose tags help you identify the business purpose of your team or group without impacting user adoption. Purpose tags can also give you insight into why a particular group or team was created.
Monitor how purpose tags are being applied and used from the Dashboard, Manage page, Activity page, and Settings.
From the Dashboard
Select Dashboard from the sidebar, then select Purpose to view your Purpose tags dashboard.
Here you can find information on the evolution of purpose tags for teams in your environment, including trends over time, who is taking action, and what purpose tags are being applied.
For more information on how to get the most out of your Dashboards, check out Dashboard overview.
To filter your teams and groups by purpose tag:
- Select Manage from the sidebar.
- Use the radio buttons to filter between your tenant's Teams or all Groups.
- Select Purpose to expand the section.
- Check the box beside the purpose tag(s) you want to filter the teams or groups with.
Select the tile Teams/Groups without purpose. Among the information displayed, this tile shows you:
- The teams or groups in your environment that do not have a purpose tag.
- The sensitivity tag (i.e. the data sensitivity) of the teams or groups.
Filter by activity type so you can monitor updates to team or group purpose tags:
- Select Activity from the sidebar.
- Use the radio button to filter between your tenant's Teams or all Groups.
- Select Purpose and sensitivity tags to expand the section.
- Check the box beside purpose added, purpose changed, and/or purpose removed.
For more information on a specific team or group, select that row to open the team and group details.
For visibility on the total number of groups with a particular purpose tag applied:
- Select Settings from the sidebar.
- Select Policies.
- Expand the Purpose tags section.
- The number of teams and groups with that purpose tag applied shows on each purpose tag type. For example: