Collaborate with owners so you can better understand the business purpose and data sensitivity of teams and groups in your Microsoft environment.
The Ask owner(s) feature lets you send a bulk categorization request to multiple team or group owners simultaneously through ShareGate Teams chatbot notifications.
Send a request to ask owners to choose the best purpose tag and sensitivity tag for their teams or groups. Maybe these teams or groups were created before your ShareGate activation or before the chatbot automation was turned on, or maybe they just need another look.
- Collaboration status
- Do not disturb list
- Update your settings
- Test your collaboration flow
- Select Manage from the sidebar.
- Use the radio buttons to filter between your Teams or all Groups.
- Select the tile Teams/Groups without purpose or the tile Teams/Groups without sensitivity.
- Check the box beside the team or group names.
- Click in the bulk action menu.
- If you have not yet activated the ShareGate Teams chatbot, you will be prompted to approve its installation now.
- In the pop-up, click Ask owner(s).
The owner(s) of the teams or groups will be notified via the chatbot to select a purpose tag and a sensitivity tag.
To see what notifications look like to owners, check out Take action on purpose and sensitivity.
Tip: Share the article with team and group owners so they know what to expect.
- Bulk categorization requests are sent to team and group owners within 1-3 hours of the action.
- There is no limit to the number of categorization notifications an owner can receive per day.
- An owner has 14 days total to respond to the notification. If an owner does not respond to the first notification, a reminder is sent after 7 days.
- For security, categorization notifications expire after 30 days.
- When a request is sent, the team or group owner cannot be asked again until the 14 days have passed.
- If an owner does not answer, the team or group remains uncategorized until you manually set the purpose and sensitivity or send another categorization request.
Use the collaboration status to monitor the requests from the Manage page.
For more information, see Collaboration status.
Do not disturb list
It's possible to add specific users to a Do not disturb list to prevent them from being sent notifications.
Update your settings
Click the gear on the tile. This will bring you to the right section of the Settings so you can update your tags.
Test your collaboration flow
Use the Ask owner(s) feature to test your collaboration flow before you apply automation.
For more information, see Test features before you turn on automation.
Once your process is set, select Settings -> Categorization from the sidebar, then toggle on Automate categorization policies to automate the notifications for new teams and groups.