Use the team and group details to review information and make changes for a specific team or group.
Note: You can also access the team and group details if you select the team or group from the Activity page.
- Open the team and group details
- Overview tab
- External shares tab
Open the team and group details
- Select Manage from the sidebar.
- Use the radio buttons to filter between your tenant's Teams or all Groups.
- Search for the team or group.
- Use the Search by team/group or owners field or
- Select the team or group to open their details.
The first section of the team and group details shows basic information such as the name, the last activity, and the security settings.
From the header, you can perform the frequently used actions described below.
Three dots button
Click the Three dots button to access a drop-down menu. From that menu you'll see the following options:
- Select Archive to remove the team or group from your environment and to archive its content. For more information, see Archive overview.
- Select Keep if you want to manually keep your inactive team or group without waiting for the owner to take action on it. For more information, see Archive overview.
- Select Add to/Remove from review depending on how you want the owner to take action on your External sharing review policy. For more information, see How do I add a team or group to an external sharing review?
- Select Delete to completely remove your team or group without archiving it. When the team or group is deleted it can be restored within 30 days from your Microsoft 365 admin center. After that, the team or group and its content cannot be restored. For more information, see Archive overview.
Go to SharePoint
Click Go to SharePoint to open the associated SharePoint site in a new browser tab.
If the team or group does not have a sensitivity tag, click Choose a sensitivity. Select a sensitivity tag to identify the sensitivity level of the team or group's content and automatically apply the proper security settings.
Tip: If a sensitivity tag is already selected, click the tag name to access a drop-down menu. Here you can update the sensitivity tag.
For more information, see Sensitivity tags overview.
Review and modify the security settings of a team or group by using the options in the drop-down menus.
For more information, see Team and group security settings.
Note: You can apply a sensitivity tag or customize the security settings for a team or group. If the security settings do not align with the sensitivity tag, you may receive a Sensitivity mismatch warning.
Last activity date
The date of the last action that was performed on your team or group.
The Overview tab gives at-a-glance information about a team or group's purpose, membership, and content.
The SharePoint description of the team or group. If no description was added by the owner, the default is to show the name of the team or group.
Tip: To change the description, click Go to SharePoint in the header. Once in the group, click the gear icon. From the menu, select Site information. From there, you can change the information in the Site description field.
If the team or group does not have a purpose tag, click No purpose. Select a purpose tag to identify the team or group's business purpose.
Tip: If a purpose tag is already selected, click the tag name to access a drop-down menu. Here you can update the purpose tag.
For more information, see Purpose tags overview.
ShareGate crawls for activity in the following 4 apps: Teams, SharePoint, Outlook Calendar, and Outlook Conversations.
Workload icons become grayed out when an app has not been used for the number of days you have set in your Inactivity detection policy.
For more information, see How does ShareGate crawl through workloads to detect inactive teams and groups?
The total size of the content in the SharePoint site collection that is associated with the team or group.
Shows the latest manual and automatic activities performed using the Teams management module. Click View all to review all the entries for that team or group.
Note: Not all activities performed will be displayed under Activities. For example, notifications sent to the group mailbox are shown, but not notifications sent to group owners.
You can edit the members of the Owners, Members, and Guests of your team or group.
For more information, see Edit membership.
Both Public and Private channels of a team are displayed.
Note: If a Microsoft 365 Group does not have an associated Microsoft Teams, the group details will not show the Channels section since there is no channel information to display.
External sharing tab
Select the External shares tab to review and manage the documents and folders shared externally. If an external sharing review is upcoming, the scheduled date will be displayed here.
For more information, see External sharing management features overview.