If the ShareGate Teams chatbot cannot be installed on an owner's account, the following message will appear in the Teams management module to alert you:
Your organization-wide policy doesn't allow for third-party apps. Microsoft Teams chatbot notifications cannot be sent to owners.
This usually occurs when your Microsoft Teams app permission policies restrict ShareGate from installing the ShareGate Teams chatbot for your owners.
You can authorize the app to install our chatbot using these steps:
- Go to your Microsoft Teams admin center.
- From the menu, click Teams apps to expand that section.
- Select Permissions policies.
- Click + Add.
- From the Third-party apps drop-down, select Allow specific apps and block all others.
- Click Allow apps.
- Search for and select ShareGate.
- In the ShareGate Teams management module, click X to clear the error notification.
Still not working? Get in touch with our support team---we'll work through this together.