ShareGate will work for the vast majority of organizations. However, be aware that the following situations are not currently supported.
- Organizations with over 10, 000 Microsoft 365 groups
- Organizations with Microsoft national cloud deployment
- Other limitations
Organizations with over 10, 000 Microsoft 365 groups
At the moment, we do not support organizations with over 10, 000 Microsoft 365 groups. If you have more than 10, 000 groups, you will not be able to connect and use the Teams management module.
To check how many Microsoft 365 groups you have before connecting, visit your Microsoft 365 admin center and go to your Groups page.
My organization has a very large number of Office 365 users. Will ShareGate work for us?
If you have a very large number of users but have less than 10, 000 Microsoft 365 groups, the Teams management module will work for your organization.
Organizations with Microsoft national cloud
Due to several limitations in terms of the Microsoft APIs used by ShareGate to function as intended, the following Microsoft national cloud deployments are not currently supported:
- Microsoft 365 US Government - GCC
- Microsoft 365 US Government - GCC High and DoD
- Microsoft 365 China operated by 21Vianet
- Microsoft 365 Germany
- For now, only Public and Private Teams channels appear in the team and group details. We do not yet support Shared channels.
- Teams management module notifications (for example, emails sent to owners) are only available in English at this time.
- To give consent to ShareGate, your tenant must have a standard URL in the form
https://tenant_name.sharepoint.com. We do not provide support for custom URLs.
- There are some limitations specific to external sharing reviews. For more information, see External sharing limitations.
- Naming structure impacts how archived content is copied to OneDrive for Business.