Our chatbot makes it easy for you to delegate, collaborate, and stay up-to-date directly in Microsoft Teams.
The ShareGate Teams chatbot can communicate with Microsoft Team and Microsoft 365 Group owners on your behalf. Based on the ShareGate features you've set up, our chatbot will notify owners when they have a task to do.
As an admin, you can receive governance alerts and your monthly digest in a Microsoft Teams chat---helping you maintain visibility over key events happening in your tenant.
Use our chatbot to ask owners about the purpose and sensitivity of their teams and groups; to alert owners when it's time to review external sharing links and guest access; and what to do with their inactive teams or groups.
Tip: For information and resources about the owner's experience, check out Owner's corner category. Share these articles with team and group owners so they know what to expect.
The ShareGate Teams chatbot can send notifications to owners automatically and manually.
From Settings, select Microsoft Teams chatbot when you automate:
- The Inactivity detection policy notifications.
- The External sharing review policy notifications.
- Purpose tag and sensitivity tag notifications for new teams and groups.
From the Manage page, you can manually send:
Note: The chatbot will only send notifications based on that feature's settings. For example, if you use it to send Inactivity detection policy notifications, owners will not receive notifications for purpose and sensitivity tags.
How it works
- You activate the ShareGate Teams chatbot from the Settings and/or the Manage page by using any of the compatible features.
- Based on that feature's settings, ShareGate determines it must send a notification to an owner.
- ShareGate installs the chatbot on the owner's account.
- The ShareGate Teams chatbot sends the required call-to-action notification to the owner through chat directly in Microsoft Teams.
- The owner answers the chatbot in the chat.
- The chatbot relays the information back to ShareGate.
- The owner's choices are applied in the Teams management module.
For more details on the notifications sent to team and group owners, see:
- Inactivity detection notifications.
- External sharing review notifications.
- Categorization notifications.
- Ask owners about inactivity - Notifications.
- Ask owners to categorize - Notifications.
ShareGate has 2 ways for you as an IT admin to maintain visibility on the key events happening in your tenant---all in a single Microsoft Teams chat.
Compatible features and notifications
For information including how to turn on and set up your notifications, see:
How it works
- You activate the ShareGate Teams chatbot on your tenant by using any of the owner's compatible features or selecting Microsoft Teams chatbot for the Monthy digest.
- You turn on the notifications you want to receive in the Settings.
- Based on that feature's settings, ShareGate determines it must send a notification.
- ShareGate installs the chatbot on your account.
- The ShareGate Teams chatbot sends the required notification to you through chat directly in Microsoft Teams.
If you're experiencing a problem with the Microsoft Teams chatbot, see our article ShareGate Teams chatbot is unable to send notifications to owners.